Sound Transitions consults with family members who have loved ones with special health care needs who can no longer live independently. Whether your loved one is living at home or in Assisted Living, nursing home care is not your only option.  I help to sort out the issues and discuss care alternatives.

If a family wants to explore the Adult Family Home option, I provide a hand’s on approach with a Nursing perspective.  An appropriate Adult Family Home provides care in a small, caring and home-like environment - at significantly lower cost than Nursing Homes and care in the home.

I specialize in Adult Family Home placements in Seattle, Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Bothell, Edmonds, Kenmore, Kirkland, Bellevue, Lynnwood, Renton, Kent, Burien and Des Moines.


As with other care settings, the level of care and focus varies.  For example, some may specialize in diabetes management, others in memory care, so finding the right home can take time and effort.

My goal is to help you decide if an Adult Family Home is your best option. If so, I will streamline this process by introducing you to homes best suited to meet your loved one’s needs.

Together we’ll work as a team to determine the best placement option for your loved one. As an RN and placement counselor, I am an Adult Family Home expert with a deep understanding of the medical needs of the elderly, while you know your loved one the best.

We will consider your loved one’s:

  1. Medical, psycho-social and physical level of care

  2. Cultural and personal preferences

  3. Geographical preferences

  4. Ability to pay

As your consultant, I will

  1. Facilitate thorough interviews with Adult Family Homes providers

  2. Advocate for your loved one during this transition to assure continuity of care

  3. Conduct post placement follow-up - including on-going support


Sound Transitions is well connected in the community and will make appropriate referrals for your loved one based on assessed needs. Examples could be companion services, legal advice, primary care providers (PCPs), mental health specialists.

Sound Transitions also makes referrals to registered nurses and social workers specializing in completing Washington State’s required long term assessment for Adult Family Home admissions.


If your loved one needs help and you’re not sure what to do, contact me. If an Adult Family Home is not the solution, I will refer you to the appropriate resource(s).


Initial phone consultation is free of charge. In most cases, when placement occurs, my fee is paid by the Adult Family Home.


Adult Family Home Placements and Consulting


Sound Transitions

Attn: Debra Everson, MN, RN

Phone: 206-355-5653

Fax: 206-284-9401